In This Section
The brick and stone Hillside Hotel was opened in 1891. Dennis O’Callaghan, an Irishman who emigrated to Australia in the early 1870s, was the Hillside Hotel’s first licensee. O’Callaghan was a miner for several years before deciding to pursue a career as a hotelier. The hotel was closed in 1999 and the licence was transferred to Sydney.
Audio transcript available.