19. Former Miners Arms Hotel -c 1890

Former Miners Arms Hotel.png

The original timber and iron hotel was opened in 1888 with William Matthews as licensee  and  was located on the corner of Crystal and Kaolin Streets. The hotel was rebuilt in brick and stone c1890. Delicensed in 1924, it became a private hospital. The verandah was reconstructed as part of the Verandah Restoration Program in 1992.  

The building has been a private hospital, art gallery and residence. It is now converted for residential use and is a fully renovated, privately owned B&B.

Audio transcript available.