77. Former South Police Station - 1889
A police station was established in South Broken Hill in 1889 as the city expanded in the late nineteenth century. The Station served the needs of the growing South community, an area of around 13 square kilometres and was actively used until it closed in 1979.
The building has over the years undergone renovations, but the original lock-up cells are still visible at the rear. It is now a private residence.
Audio transcript available.