In This Section
These stone residences on Williams Street, between Brazil and McCulloch streets, were built in 1890 during the town’s mining boom. They provided quality housing for the town’s more affluent residents, particularly those who worked in the mines.
The buildings are Victorian and built with locally-sourced sandstone and iron – materials that were abundant at the time.
Over the years these residences have undergone restoration and renovation and great care has been taken to preserve their original character.
Audio transcript available.