In This Section
This cement brick church was built in 1917 and its foundation stone was laid by F.W. Wickes. It opened for worship on June 1918.
The building replaced the original Baptist Church in Beryl Street built in 1888. It was severely fire damaged in December 1927, and when rebuilt Sunday School rooms were added. The total cost of the rebuild was £1500.
The building is still in use and is part of Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT.
Audio transcript available.