31. Thomas Street Uniting Church - 1911
Originally the Picton Wesleyan Methodist Church, this iron and timber building was opened around 1892 and situated on the corner of Kaolin and Cummins Streets. A cottage had been used for services on the same site before the church was built. When it was moved to this site in 1911-12 it became the Thomas Street Methodist/Uniting Church.
The adjacent church hall was also moved to the site, from Blende Street Methodist Church when that church closed in 1926, its congregation joining the now Wesley Uniting Church.
Thomas Street Uniting Church closed for worship after 78 years, in December 1989.
Audio transcript available.