Sulphide Street, Broken Hill 2880
Sturt Park was first gazetted as the Central Reserve in 1895 and was officially known as Sturt Park from 1944, to commemorate the centenary of the inland explorations of Captain Charles Sturt in 1844-45. Near the rotunda stands a memorial to the heroic bandsmen of the ill-fated steamship Titanic who continued to play as the ship went down in a valiant effort to quell the panic of the passengers.
The Titanic Collection may be viewed at the Research Centre at the Synagogue of the Outback Museum at 165 Wolfram St.
Beautiful Sturt Park has large grassed areas, a wonderful display of roses and flowers, a skate park and a fenced adventure playground for children (including a gas barbecue and a covered picnic area with tables and chairs).
Sulphide Street ,
Broken Hill 2880
Sturt Park Reserve and Titanic Memorial
Flying Fox Equipment