In This Section
This fine stone building, erected in 1911, was established by Reverend William English, who had been preaching in the area since 1908. The Romanesque building was designed by architects Rudder & Grout. The land for the Church was purchased in 1910 and construction began the following year.
The Church was closed in 1940 due to a dwindling membership but re-opened in 1947 after restoration took place with assistance from the Zinc Corporation and community.
The building was sold for residential purposes in 1974.
Audio transcript available.