In This Section
This housing was erected in 1950 by North Broken Hill Ltd, providing modern and affordable housing for salaried staff. It was part of a major development program and is a well-preserved enclave of mid-century housing.
The houses, 42 units in all, are positioned around the circular road and each has a front garden and a backyard. Each house was, at the time of building, fitted with running water, electricity and gas – at the time considered the height of modern living!
Audio transcript available.