18. Former Crystal Hotel
This former hotel was built in 1888 with Charles Fisher as first licensee. Fisher was killed by a rock in 1889 thrown by a patron who had been ejected from the hotel.
The hotel was delicensed in 1924, along with a number of other Broken Hill hotels that were closed by the License Reduction Board: the board was tasked with reducing the number of publican's licenses in New South Wales.
Audio transcript available.